Do you have a business page on Facebook?
Do you want to get a ‘verified’ badge for it like other businesses to make it stand out from the crowd?
Are you not sure how to get ‘verified’ on Facebook?
With the advent of social media and new features getting rolled out each day, businesses need to stay active in embracing the new features offered. Recently, Facebook started verifying businesses and giving them a ‘Verified by Facebook’ badge. Let us have a look at how you can verify your Facebook business page and stay ahead of the competition!
It is important to keep in mind that Facebook verifies only the following four categories of pages:
- Businesses and brands
- Government officials
These four categories of profiles and pages are claimed by Facebook based on their popularity. If you own a local business which is very popular on Facebook and have a lot of followers, it is highly likely that your page will be claimed and verified by Facebook if you are an official representative of the business. You will have to submit a request for verification to Facebook in this case.
For other businesses that haven’t been verified by Facebook yet and want to get the badge, here is what you need to do:
- Click Settings located at the top of your page
- Click General Settings and then click Page Verification
- Click on Verify this Page
- Click Get Started
- Once in the process, enter a phone number for your business, which is authentic and publicly listed. Also enter your language and country.
- Click on Call Me Now. This will allow Facebook to call you and provide you with a verification code.
- Enter the 4 digit code you received from Facebook and click Continue.
This is the simplest way of getting your Facebook page verified. It is important that you have a completed ‘About’ section of your business page. Also link your Facebook page with your official website to allow Facebook to know that you are a real business and verify you. It is good to get your business page on Facebook verified to increase the trust your customers have in you.
If you need further help with your Facebook Management, please contact us.